What we do
- Food is donated by the community of Redbridge and beyond
- Volunteers sort and pack the food into foodboxes. Each foodbox contains enough food for 3 days
- We partner with front-line care professionals, who identify people in crisis and give them a food voucher
- On taking their food voucher to the foodbank centre, people receive a warm welcome, a hot drink and a foodbox
- We put people in touch with agencies who can help resolve the underlying causes of the crisis
- Redbridge foodbank also provides foodboxes to other charities and agencies for their clients with immediate needs
foodbank provides short term emergency food to an individual or family in crisis while a long-term strategy is developed
Meet the volunteers and members of the community who support foodbank
Read more then contact us at:
Jubilee Church - Ilford
14 Granville Road
Ilford IG1 4JY
T:0208 518 0056
M:07905 820 537
Or use our online contact form.
NEIGHBOURHOOD FOOD COLLECTION
We had an opportunity once again of having our foodbank stand in the lobby of Tesco Barkingside (Cranbrook Road) for the 3-day National Neighbourhood Food Collection (Thursday 30th June to Saturday 2nd July 2016). These events enable us to create awareness of our foodbank project - the community can meet and speak to the volunteers who run foodbank and we can personally thank those who support us.
This summer customers and staff donated an amazing 1.2 tonnes in food and toiletry items along with £453.70 cash donations!
Our sincere thanks and appreciation goes out to everyone who contributed to our cause this weekend.
We also want to give a special mention to Justine (Charity Champion, Tesco Barkingside), our regular volunteers who put in extra hours and the occasional/one-off volunteers - thank you all for making the event happen!
If you would like to help out at any of our future events -
please email 'email@example.com' for more details
THANK YOU to all the Schools, Churches, Community Groups, businesses, organisations, families and individuals who continue to support foodbank with generous donations. Your donations of food, toiletry items and time - enable us to run foodbank effectively and provide a service in the community that supports individuals and families in desperate need.